Monday, July 1, 2013

I Regret Not Being......




We all have an appointment with death, so don't spend your life regretting the things you wanted to do but don't have the courage to do.  As of this moment take control and rethink how you live your life. What you would like to accomplish while you have the strength and ability to do so, and where you go from here?

However if you choose to live your life in regret you will always be asking yourself, what if?
What if your doctor told you that you have three months to live?  Would you start adding up the all the regrets you have for things you did or did not do?  Or would you evaluate your life and make the changes that would help you reach your goal, whatever it is.     

Here are “The Top Five Regrets of the Dying” by Bronnie Ware I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me”
  • I wish I didn't work so hare”
  • I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings”    
  • I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends”
  • I wish that I had let myself be happier”

 Most of us don’t like changes or starting over, but life is always changing so we need to deal with it.  We always have choices, so take control of how you live your life honestly, and consciously to be who you really are, and don't pretend to be someone else, because in the end you will regret not being you. 

 
Step out of the past
Philippians 3: “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold.....”  You may have had tragedy in your past, which was so bad that every time you remember it makes you shiver, or afraid.  At some point we have to move on, and stop thinking about the “what ifs”.  Regret can suffocate your purpose in life and keep you stuck in the past.
It’s your life take a step out of regret and into your purpose.

Stop comparing yourself to others
We are all different; no matter who you are or where you are from we are unique in our own way.  Make a note of the positive things about yourself, don't try to be someone that you admire, but let that person be your inspiration to be who you really are and go after your dream whatever that is.  Don't live in regrets give your life purpose. 

Think of yourself as part of a body, whether it’s the eyes or the mouth all parts are important.  We need to be comfortable with who we are and function in the capacity we were created to function, if our kidneys try to take over the liver functions our body would be in serious trouble because their functions are different.  Take control of your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment